Fun Classic Facts
In 1994, the Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic began with thirty-two celebrities, two golf courses, and one hundred and fifty golfers. Oh, how we have grown in 19 years!
Here are the numbers that drive the Classic…
- Over $15 Million: The amount of money The Classic has donated to The V Foundation over the last 17 years.
- 217,924 drinks have been donated to The Classic.
- 12,475 sandwiches have been donated to feed Classic volunteers in the last 17 years.
- 7,058 golf carts have been used by celebrities, sponsor golfers, and support staff.
- Over 22,284 stakes and 129 miles of rope have been used to frame the 18 holes of golf for The Classic.
- Over 322,846 spectators have attended The Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic.
- Over 336 celebrities have participated in The Classic.
- More than 370 sponsors have supported The Classic.
- 14,205 volunteers have given their support to The Classic over the last 17 years.
- The 17 Division Managers of the Classic have put in a total of 212,257 hours in the past 17 years.
- Tournament Director, Frank McCann has attended 1247 meetings for The Classic since 1993.
- More than 93 ESPN personnel have supported The Classic.
- Golfers in The Classic have taken 2,886,580 golf swings.
- An estimated 9,957 golf balls have been lost during play at The Classic.
- 1,116 courtesy cars have logged over 220,865 miles transporting celebrities and sponsors.